By choosing a primary care provider (PCP) at Benewah Medical & Wellness Center, you are choosing to belong to our Medical Home. The services provided by a Medical Home are patient-centered, directed by your PCP, comprehensive, accessible, continuous, and organized to meet your need. As a patient, you are the most important member of your health care team in a Medical Home. Your BMWC health care team will provide you with the resources and support that you need to achieve your health goals.
*Easy access to care featuring both same-day and pre-scheduled appointments
- General, ongoing health care needs including diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, adult, geriatric, women’s health, pediatric and obstetric care.
- Physicals – sports, pre-employment, firefighter, men and women, boys and girls, well child exams in the first year of life.
- Family Planning – including vasectomies, IUD’s, Depo-Provera
- Minor skin procedures, biopsies, wart removals, some toe nail care, circumcisions
- Lab/X-ray/Breathing Treatments
- PharmacyCounseling appointments or on urgent basis
- Urgent Care problems will be evaluated, treated if possible or referral to area specialists if needed or to appointment services.
June attended Broome Community College and graduated with an Associate’s Degree in Nursing and later a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from Binghamton University. Her family moved to Colorado in the late 90’s in search of better opportunities and more outdoor adventure. She worked many 12-hour weekend night shifts and decided to further her education by obtaining a Master of Science degree in Nursing with an emphasis in family practice at Colorado University. After 30 years of caring for women and children, she now enjoys working with whole families – men, women, and children. She believes in partnering with people to help them and their families live as healthy as possible. She is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys hiking, camping, fly fishing and hunting big game.
His medical background and training are extensive through the United States Coast Guard, Lake Superior State University and USA Family Medicine Residency Program Medical University of the Americas. He is a General Practitioner and enjoys treating all age groups.
He has always dreamed of working in an integrative setting as part of a health care team all working together to help patients heal in mind, body and spirit, so he is very excited to be a part of Benewah Medical & Wellness Center. He also has an interest in energy medicine, is a certified nutritionist, and is studying Zero Balancing therapy. He has been married to his wife Jill for 15 years. Dr. Kain enjoys travelling, reading, practical jokes, hiking and backpacking, shooting and traditional archery. While he has never worked with a tribe, he is very excited to learn about the culture and history of the Coeur d’Alenes and to get to know the people.
Dr. Meyer takes pride in practicing full scope optometry. He can provide your infant with their first eye exam, take that piece of metal out of your eye, evaluate and manage ocular pathology such as diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, help you adjust into your new progressive lens, ease the struggles of inserting your first contact lens, and much more! His motto “you are only gifted with two eyes, lets protect what you have and provide you with crisp clear vision to meet your daily visual needs.
- Urgent Care screening offered by phone and on site
- Same Day or pre-appointments to help improve patient access
- Provider/Nurse/Medical Assistant/Certified Nurses Assistant Teams to serve you
- Electronic Medical Records
- Greeting patients; obtaining vital signs, chief complaint; updating past medical and social histories; allergies; updating immunization records; documentation of visit
- Assist with physicals, well-child exams, OB visits, and any other procedure
- Assist with referrals to outside providers and medication refills
- Return patient phone calls made to the clinic
Nursing appointments available for:
- Injections: immunizations, allergy injections, contraception injections, and therapeutic injections
- Blood pressure checks
- Suture removal
- Wound checks
- EKGs ordered by outside provider
- Patient education
The goal of BMC nursing staff is to provide quality nursing care in a respectful, friendly, and efficient manner to our patients. Our nursing staff consists of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Medical Assistants, Certified Nursing Assistants and all of our Registered Nurses are ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certified.