Purchased & Referred Care (formerly Contract Health)
- PRC is a program that pays for referral services from Benewah Medical Center providers to outside providers of medical, dental, and mental health services for PRC eligible patients.
- Establish patient eligibility for PRC Service
- Process patient referrals from Benewah Medical Center providers for specialist and/or inpatient care in North Idaho and Spokane
- Provide case management services for many patients
- Help patients apply for any available alternate resources such as, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security Disability, and private insurances
- Provide payment for approved medical and dental services
- Ensure, through medical review, appropriate use of emergency services
- Indian Health Service guidelines must be followed to pay for referral services
- Non-emergent care must be referred by a Benewah Medical Center provider
The PRC Department is committed to advocate for PRC eligible Native patients to access medical care and maximize the budget provided for those services.