The Physical Therapy department is operated by the Coeur d’Alene Tribe and is not a department under Benewah Medical/Wellness Center. However, the Physical Therapy department is located in the Wellness Center and works closely with Benewah Medical Center providers to meet the physical therapy needs of the community.
About Physical Therapy
- Physician referral required for services
- Examination with individualized treatment plan development
- Improve range of motion/mobility
- Improve strength and endurance
- Improve cardiovascular conditioning
- Improve functional level in Work/Activities of Daily Living/Recreational activities
- Future Injury Prevention
- Structured progression into Wellness Center Fitness programs
- Exercise program development and progression
The physical therapy team provides services aimed at preventing the onset and/or slowing the progression of conditions resulting from injury, disease, and other causes. Our Physical Therapy Team is here to help you achieve your rehabilitation goals.
Dan M. Smith, MPT, OCS, CDR, USPHS
Darren M. Heer, DPT, OCS, CDR, USPHS
Phone: (208) 686-7041 Fax: (208) 686-5712