The role of the Administration team is to see that the Mission Vision, and Goals of BMC/WC are carried out as set by the Tribal Council and Healht Board Authority. Administration ensures that qualified staff and resources are available to provide primary health and wellness care services to the Coeur d'Alene Reservation and surrounding communities. Services are open to everyone.
- Chief Executive Officer: Serves as the primary health advocate for the Coeur d’Alene Tribe. Ensures the delivery of clinical and preventative care. Evaluates community needs and plans for the future and is responsible for budget development and oversight.
- Executive Administrative Support: Provides administrative support to the CEO and Medical Director on administrative matters in order to maximize efficient operations. Serves as the primary advocate and is the liaison to the Health Board.
- Clinic Services: Monitors the delivery and quantity of quality health care by providing oversight of all direct health care services. Provides patient care leadership, program planning and patient care complaint assistance.
- Finance: Finance is responsible for all accounting functions including billing for services, accounts payable, payroll, property, and grants. Finance also handles all investment matters, contract management, budgets and is responsible for compliance with related regulations.
- Human Resources: Coordinates the hiring of all staff. Provides support for employee orientation and training. Responsible for employee policies and legal requirements of employment.
- Grants Management: Responsible for researching, writing and managing all grants for the BMC/WC.
- Information Technology: The IT Department is responsible for the networking functionality throughout the organization. Provides user support and maintenance for all of the facility's state of the art technology. The department is involved with the implementation of upgrades and changes in the medical center's Electronic Health Record database infrastructure which maintains HIPAA and Patient Compliance to ensure confidentiality and integrity. Medical, Dental and Counseling Services all utilize an electronic record.
- Quality Improvement: The Quality Improvement Coordinator works closely with the CEO and all departments on improvement projects as well as coordinates safety, emergency preparedness and risk management activities.